The purpose of EMDR-MN, LLC is to provide and maintain a website designed to:
- Support EMDR therapists by
- providing a referral directory,
- listing EMDR consultants and consultation opportunities,
- announcing advanced EMDR classes scheduled to come to MN,
- providing a format for EMDR therapists to advertise advanced EMDR classes they want to bring to MN,
- promoting events sponsored by the EMDRIA-MN Regional Network and the MN Trauma Recovery Network, and
- acting as a gateway to other EMDR information sources such as EMDR Institute, EMDRIA, EMDR-HAP, and the Francine Shapiro Library.
- Inform potential EMDR clients by
- providing information for the public about trauma and EMDR therapy,
- clarifying the outstanding research base and professional acceptance of EMDR therapy,
- notifying the public of the prolific availability of EMDR therapists locally,
- Clarifying the services available through the MN Trauma Recovery Network,
- Publicizing services for veterans provided within the EMDR community,
- and acting as a gateway to other EMDR information sources such as EMDR Institute, EMDRIA, EMDR-HAP, and the Francine Shapiro Library.
- Facilitating connections by
- Providing a referral directory of EMDR therapists, searchable by name, location, specialties, and/or insurance accepted, which can be used by both clinicians and the public, and
- Encouraging networking within the EMDR community by making it easy for people to learn of other EMDR therapists in their geographical area or specialty and publicizing activities of the EMDRIA-MN Regional Network.